Invitae is a rapidly growing genetic information company, whose mission is to bring comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medical practice to improve the quality of healthcare for billions of people.
The genetic testing space is moving and expanding quickly. To support the Invitae mission, our engineering team needs to innovate quickly. The platform’s focus on scale, speed, and supportability enables this pace while keeping us lean and efficient.
The mission for our Platform team is to create the systems upon which we build the rest of Invitae. The platform provides self-service tooling, automation, and application deployment technology to support Invitae’s efforts to expand genetic services.
We are looking for engineers who bias towards automation and systems design with a dash of production support.
Note*: This is not an entry-level role.
What you will do:
- Use cloud-native, technologies like Kubernetes, Containers, and service mesh to enable efficient development across the company.
- Build systems in Python (3), Go, and TypeScript.
- Make use of next-generation cloud services to build comprehensive experiences for the rest of engineering.
- Set design principles and define shared patterns that engineers use across the company.
- Write structured, testable, readable, and maintainable code.
- Support your software throughout its lifecycle, from ideation to production.
- Support your teammates by continuing to learn and grow in an environment where failure is a part of learning, and being a novice is celebrated.
What you bring:
- Experience taking the lead on high-impact projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work in multiple languages and platforms – you’re a low-level generalist who must have worked with multiple languages such